According to the US EPA, Radon Gas is the second leading cause of lung cancer just behind smoking. The surgeon general’s office has estimated that as many as 20,000 lung cancer deaths per year are caused by Radon Gas.
- The Good News is that radon is easily detectable and if found can be lowered to what is considered acceptable levels.
- The Bad News is that radon is an invisible and odorless gas which is completely undetectable to the human senses.
What Is Radon?
Radon is a naturally occurring, cancer-causing radioactive gas that comes from the breakdown of uranium in the ground. It is usually found in rock and soil and can also be found in well water. Areas that are mountainous or have a high concentration of igneous rock tend to have higher levels of radon than a sandy and flat area. Although you cannot see or smell radon, there could be radon gas in your home. It takes years for symptoms to occur. If testing was not done before occupying a home, once discovered it may be too late. The Surgeon General has stated that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer today. If you’re a smoker and your home has elevated radon levels, you may be at a much higher risk for developing lung cancer.
How Do You Know If You Have Radon?
Total Home Consultants uses state of the art Continuous Radon Monitors (CRMs) to test for radon gas in your home. The test takes a minimum of 48 hours and requires the house to be kept under closed conditions. This 48 hour test gives you a snapshot of the hourly levels of radon in your home and is perfect for home buying transactions where you only have a short amount of time to have all your inspections and tests completed.
The results are instantaneous and can be provided to you, the homeowner / buyer, and all parties involved with the transaction. Using sophisticated CRM equipment eliminates the need for long and drawn out lab deliveries and testing.
Call Your Atlanta Home Inspector To Test For Radon In Your New Home Today!
- “Very informative. He did give me a very thorough verbal report offered to give me the written report, but it was turning out to be very involved. He also was very patient with my input. They were very professional, but down to earth”
- “Great job!! checked on things I had never thought of. Highly recommend Total home consultants.”
- “With a detailed report with full color photos in hand to knowledgeable and thorough advice, I was confident I knew what I was buying thanks to Mike and the Total Home Consultants! ”
- “Ken was very professional and informative. He was on time, actually a few minutes early. I was both called and emailed promptly and the follow up was good. I’d definitely recommend Total Home as well use them again”
- “Total Home was truly professional to the 10th power! There aren’t enough words to describe my experience with Total home consultants. From beginning to end, my inspection was treated like a top priority. They inspected every aspect of my new home and found things that most inspectors probably would have missed. Having this information in my hands prior to my builder walk-thru, helped me point out things that would have been missed. I would definitely recommend Total home consultants. And, if/when I purchase a new home, they will be at the top of my list to call”